MENU

5.20.2010

Lakeshow

Late on this post...On Tuesday night, Mike got a call from one of our friends in the ward asking us if we wanted to go to the Lakers vs. Suns game on Wednesday night. The friend told us that the seats were 5 rows up from the Lakers bench! Mike IMMEDIATELY said yes and then got off the phone and told me about it. I was super excited, but then realized that I needed to find a babysitter for Ty. We have never left him for longer than an hour, so I was kind of nervous about it. I was hoping it would all go through. Well I found somebody and so it was confirmed. We went to the game and had a blast! I had never even been to the Staples Center, so that was a treat in itself. We met our friends there and got to our seats and were in awe! Our seats ended up being right by the Lakers tunnel. So I leaned over the railing and got Pau Gasol to clap my hand. Yes that's my claim to fame! You should've seen the look on Mike's face. (It was better than a little boys face in a candy store that's for sure!) These players are HUGE! It's amazing how athletic they really are. Since we are not Lakers fans, it was even better to be that close and have people stare at us when the Suns scored. My friend even wore a Suns, Steve Nash jersey! We saw so many celebrities there it was crazy. Who needs to go to Hollywood to see celebrities, just go to a Lakers game. Oh wait Hollywood is probably cheaper, ha. It's unbelievable what people will pay for Lakers tickets! The halftime show totally sucked. Our friends said that they've had the same show for like 5 years and don't change it. BORING! Anyway, we picked up Ty and our babysitter said he did great, didn't make a peep. That's my boy! My pictures turned out dark though, oh well. All I have to say is what a great date night!


Catrina and I


Action Shot


Charles Barkley Getting Interviewed

1 comment:

Felder Funnies said...

Sweet! But leaving your baby is always hard!! Even now!! That is soo cool!!