MENU

7.22.2010

The Joys of Living in Los Angeles

So I have a scary, but funny story. Yesterday morning Mike went on a run to the gym and back. Keep in mind that to get to our gym you have to go over 2 bridges. So he makes it over the 1st bridge just fine. With his headphones on and minding his own business, out of the blue he looks to his left and sees 5 police cars stopped on the 2nd bridge with their guns pulled. All of the police cars are on their loud speaker saying "stop and put your hands up!" Mike takes his earphones out and kind of stops and doesn't know what to do. He then looks to his left and notices that they have this van pulled over w/ a guy getting out with his hands up. Turns out that there was a high speed chase going on, on the freeway and the guy happened to get off the exit right as Mike was running over it and the police were telling the guy to get out with his hands up. Needless to say Mike really took off running after that! Good thing there is no sidewalk on the left side of the bridge, or Mike would've been right in the middle of it all! Another funny part was that the CHP helicopter was chasing the guy too and circling around our house (cause it's close to the freeway) and I kept thinking "gosh I wish this helicopter would stop circling our house, I'm trying to sleep!" Oh like I said, the joys of living in Los Angeles! :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Lol, I bet Mike was freaked out! I know isnt L.A. the best...I love when I hear a helicopter over my house they usually have the spotlight on...fabulous!!