MENU

9.14.2010

The Close of Summer

Once again where has the time gone! Our little Ty is almost 9 months old. He continues to grow and surprises us everyday with his new adventures. He is such a happy little guy and LOVES when daddy comes home from work. (Yes I get a little jealous that he's always happy when Dad's around, but I wouldn't have it any other way!) He is crawling faster and faster everyday. He pulls himself up onto everything and especially likes to climb in the bookshelves and pull everything off of them. He LOVES being outside. If he's crying all I have to do is take him outside and he stops and wants to explore everything. He LOVES to wrestle with mom. Well I don't know if HE loves it but I do, ha! He LOVES to play catch and hit the ball w/ his little bat. Let's just say he is ALL boy! He got his two bottom teeth about a month ago, so now he bites everything. Well he hasn't bitten me yet(yes, I'm still nursing and have 3 more months to go, but whose counting!). No I really do love nursing him and holding him close while I tickle him softly while we rock.

Enjoying The Waves and Life

Look At That Smile!

So we traveled a lot this summer. It was so much fun to spend so much time together as a family. The nights were a little rough wherever we were at cause Ty really likes his own crib, but we made it through. So we spent a week w/ Aunt Camille and Aunt Darice and their families in San Diego and the beach house. I didn't know how Ty would do with the sand, but he really liked it and face planted in it a couple of times. Him and his cousin Brooks didn't mind eating the sand either! The water was a little cold, but if he got used to it he didn't mind sitting in it. Mike liked taking Ty for bike rides on the boardwalk. Mike would pull Brooks and Ty in the Burley and Mike would look back and Brooks would have Ty's pacifier in his mouth and then would look back 5 minutes later and Ty would have the pacifier back in his mouth. Oh those two, they will be best buds one day! Anyway, thanks Aunt Camille for letting us stay and it was SO much fun to spend time together.

Daddy and Ty Chilin'

Mike and I Built The Kids A Fort With The Kitchen Table

Mike, Ty and Lil Jim Going For A Bike Ride

As Close As We Will Get Right Now to Giving Loves!

Ty and I At The Park

A couple of weeks later we went up to Shaver Lake w/ Chris and Courtney. Chris is Mike's best friend from high school. We love hanging out with them whenever we get the chance. They have a beautiful cabin up there right on the lake. We went out on the boat everyday and Ty loved it. We rented a tube and he really liked watching the people on that. Mike got up on the wakeboard for the 1st time. We were so proud of him cause he tried and tried and tried. The water wasn't too cold either, so it turned out to be a perfect weekend.

Ty Living The Life

Mike On The Wakeboard

Mike and Chris On the Tube

Mike and I On The Tube

The next weekend was Alyson's baby shower. Alyson is my sister in law and she is having a boy. I'm excited to have another boy cousin close in age to Ty. We didn't do much at home cause we didn't get there until late and it was so hot. Mike did some yard work for my parents and we went swimming, but that's about it. I don't think I even took any pictures while we were home. Oh well, next time!

The next weekend we drove up to Dick and Donna's for Labor Day. We really just relaxed and hung out with Bob and Jackie's family and Grant and Olivia. We went swimming a couple of times there too. Ty is so funny when he swims now. He gets this look on his face when he knows you're going to dunk him. It's too cute! The highlight of the weekend was that we got to go see Grandma Jan. She just fell and broke her hip at 89 years old, so she was in a lot of pain. She was still happy as can be that we came to visit her in the hospital. We're thankful we were able to see her and spend some time with her. She is such a sweet lady and loves Ty so much! Well that's the end of our travels for the summer. It's not Hawaii, but it was time away from our everyday routine. Until next summer...!

Ty w/ Auntie Livi in His New Speedo (there is a story behind this, maybe one day I will tell you)

Grandma Jan w/ Ty

This Video Is of Bob (Mike's Brother) and Matt (Chris' Brother) On The Tube. Hilarious!!

Whew That Was A Long Post!

6 comments:

G.O. Garrison said...

That is such a cute pic of Grandma Jan and Ty. I miss that chubs!!

Cimblog (tm) said...

No wonder I haven't seen you in AGES!

Becky said...

Nae! I have been thinking about you too! I swear Ty is so cute, to bad Morgan is going to be like 8ft tall or I could see an arranged marriage in the works! You HAVE to call me when you can, remeber I live on the rez and am free when ever so call me!

Lisa Nielsen said...

That lake looks so beautiful with all the Pine trees! Ty is getting so big and his hair...is it blond? It looks like you have been really busy and you've had lots of fun!

Felder Funnies said...

Sounds like a party 24/7! I bet your little man is getting so big now!! Walking??? Hope you guys had a good Halloween-- need to see pics of the little chubber in his costume!

Kristine Pratt said...

So glad to know what you guys have been up to. Looks like lots of fun. what a cutie he is!