MENU

11.17.2010

Are You Ready For Some Football...and A Rodeo!

So it's been awhile, uh? We have been pretty busy going here and there and everywhere! About a month ago we went down to my parents house for the weekend. Mike wanted to see his cousin Mark play football, so we headed to Yuma, AZ (an hour from my parents house) to see him play. He plays at Snow College in Utah. So you know when it's cold where you live, so you think it's going to be cold where you're going to visit. Yea, well that was us. It was about 70 degrees in Burbank (yes that's cold for here) and when we got to Brawley it was about 85-90 degrees. So needless to say when we got to the football game, all of Ty's clothes came off cause he was sweating so bad. Silly me I know! He sat on my lap the entire time and just watched the game. Must take after his dad for his love of sports cause he will sit and watch any game! All boy! I do have to admit that it was hard to watch Mark cause he is the center for the team and you just want to watch where the ball is. Snow lost, but it was fun to see Mark and his parents!

Ty w/ The Snow Badger

Uncle Steve w/ Ty

Big Marko

The next week, my dad called me up and told me he got tickets to the USC/Oregon game. Well of course we weren't going to turn those down because 1. Oregon was ranked #1 and 2. the last time I went to a USC football game I was probably about 10. So we found a babysitter for Ty and off we went. It was so much fun! We had great seats and for once Mike and I were cheering for the same team. My dad, Camille, Micaela and Kiana came up from Brawley, so it was fun to spend a little time w/ them. Yes SC lost, but it was a blast! And yes we are teaching Ty the "Fight On" sign :)

Fight On!

The Crew At The Game

This last weekend we went home to Brawley again for the annual Brawley Cattle Call Parade and Rodeo. We got their in time on Friday night to go to the rivalry football game between Brawley and El Centro. Brawley won! Ty was so tired he actually fell asleep w/ all of the yelling and screaming. Then Sat morning was the parade and Ty didn't really care either way about that. He saw his 1st horse and didn't really know what to think. He didn't want to pet it, but he kept starring at it. We went back to my parents house and had lunch and then headed to the rodeo. I'll be honest, the rodeo stunk! We got there late so we missed the best part, the wild horse race, and the clown was TERRIBLE! Ty could care less about the rodeo, he just wanted to crawl in the dirt. Once again he is ALL boy and I love it! Yes I admit, sometimes I miss "home." I miss seeing family everyday, the smell of clean, fresh air, the relaxation of a small town compared to LA, but would I trade it for anything? No, not at all!

Ty Thinking About The Horse

Mike Thought This Guy Was The Hit Of The Parade. I Agree!

Parade Crew

Lil Jim And Emerson, BFFs

Rodeo Time

These Ladies Were Awesome!

So a little about Ty...he is growing, growing, growing. And I don't mean wider or taller, I mean his mind is growing. (Well maybe a little wider and taller) It amazes me everyday when I watch him play how fast his mind is going. He is starting to get a personality of his own and I can't tell who's he has more of, mine or Mikes. He is about ready to walk. He pulls himself up on the chairs (and everything else) and pushes them around the house everywhere. He will pull himself up on his walker and walk around the house too. He throws EVERYTHING! We still can't determine if he is a righty or lefty. It's different everyday. He hates his diaper to be changed. He is starting to really like books. That is the 1st toy he will grab and sit and flip through it. He likes to look how everything works. If he throws his ball under the couch, he will lay down and try to reach it. He will look inside things and just try to figure out why and how it works. He LOVES the bathroom! Needless to say we keep all doors closed in the house. We love this kid and can't wait for our next adventures, tomorrow I'm sure!

Ty Fell Asleep In His Highchair!

Ty At 9 1/2 Months

Oh I forgot to mention that Mike was a little excited to see Sergio Romo at home. Sergio graduated high school a year before me. He pitches for the San Francisco Giants now and that is Mike's team! Anyway, he did the coin toss at the football game and had his own float at the parade. Mike was proud to wear his Giants hat, that's for sure!

The Hometown Hero

3 comments:

James and Cassidee said...

I am glad you updated! Your little guy is so big! And cute!

Felder Funnies said...

Looks like the football games were awesome! I was so jealous that Darice went to the Auburn game!! And that cow was hilarious!!

Nicole said...

Ty is so adorable, its so much fun when they interact more and more. I can't believe he's almost 1!
Cute blue shirt, I almost bought one similar...and now might go buy it seeing it on you! :)
I love your comment about being away from home, haha, I feel the same way.
xo