MENU

5.01.2011

Paradise

We are back from Hawaii and I'm trying not to
think of the beauty of Hawaii as I type this! We had a blast, but we really missed Ty. I know I'm lame, but I kept texting and calling my mother-in-law to make sure he was being good and sleeping good for her. Oh well such is life and I guess it will be like that the rest of my life.

Missing Ty

Anyway, we didn't get to our hotel until about 10:00 (Hawaiian time) Sunday night and we were exhausted. We took one look off the balcony of our room to check out the view and then went to bed! Monday we woke up and just walked around the resort and enjoyed the scenery. We stayed on the North Shore at the Turtle Bay Resort. The rooms are nothing great, but the views are AMAZING! I won't bore you with what we did each day, but we definitely saw some beautiful things around the island. Our favorite was snorkeling at Hanauma Bay! The fish were so pretty and so cool to get that close to them. I wish we had an underwater camera, but they were all sold out! Waimea falls is a total waste of money! So if you're thinking of going to Hawaii I would do a different water fall! We did go to Waimea Bay and the waves were huge. Mike and I both tried to take a wave and we both got totally tore up by it. We could feel each other under water as the wave was tossing us every which way. We did do the norm like PCC (Polynesian Cultural Center), Pearl Harbor, Waikiki, etc. Another highlight was going to the Laie Temple and meeting up with Wi (a friend from Thailand) at BYU-Hawaii. Most of all we just relaxed and lived the life for one whole week! (Beware overload of pictures)

Our Favorite Restaurant In Our Favorite Little Town (Haleiwa)

Hanauma Bay

Mike Snorkeling

Me Being Annoyed That Waimea Falls Was a Rip Off

Mike At The PCC

Our Dinner At The PCC

Mike Enjoying A Shrimp Truck

View From The Hotel

2 comments:

Felder Funnies said...

WOW! I am jealous!! Looks like you guys had an amazing time!

Lisa Nielsen said...

SOOOO Fun!!! That view is breathtaking! I wish I was in Hawaii. I think you are right about missing your kids the rest of your life. I feel that way even on dates in the same town! LOL! I am glad you had a nice getaway:)