MENU

8.15.2011

Ode to Summer

Here in Burbank, school starts today. I know I don't have a kid that goes to school yet, but that still means summer is over for us too because we can't go on mid week dates anymore cause of course it's a school day. All the neighbor kids will not be visiting us in the mornings anymore, the gym won't be as busy, kids will have curfews now, etc. etc. And for some reason I'm having mixed feelings about all of it. I guess I've come to realize that I don't really like change. It makes me really nervous and I get really anxious. I didn't use to be like this until I had Ty. Hormones? I think so!!

Anyway, my nieces and nephews don't start school for another week, so I think I'll finish off MY summer with a 2nd week at the beach this year with my toes in the sand and a trip to the zoo with the family.

Lovin' on his daddy

Attempting to skip rocks at the bay

Digging in the sand

Of course we did A LOT more this summer than just go to the beach! But the beach is always the highlight of the summer. Ty loves the sand, jumping the waves, throwing and eating the sand and everything about the beach. So until next summer...
(Hopefully I'll get around to posting before then)

1 comment:

Kristine Pratt said...

I feel the same way about summer. All the kids went back today here and it is so sad! That's great he loves the beach so much. Hayden can't stand the sand getting between her toes and on her hands, she is a bit of a clean freak right now! Ty keeps getting cuter and cuter!